Sunday, January 4, 2009

4/365 The movie "Bolt"

4/365

January 4, 2009

It's the last day of winter break. We hadn't been to a movie all vacation and we had talked several times about going. For fear of having terribly grouchy kids, and because I did promise we'd go this weekend, I took the children to see "Bolt" today. We invited our friends to go with us but Sadie, almost 2 yrs. old, was not feeling well. So Sarah stayed home with Sadie and I took the other two children, Lucy and Jude, with me.

So yes, it was me, the sole adult with five children ranging from 3 yrs to 8 yrs. Everyone was very well behaved and the movie was truly enjoyed by all. I'm glad we went as it was a great culmination, a "last hurrah", of winter break. This photo is taken outside with my Canon powershot after the movie. I wanted to document this last day of break and even though it's very hard to get five children to cooperate, I still used the photo!

It's back to school & work tomorrow so there certainly won't be another movie soon! I'm glad we decided to go. It was worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment